The Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Atlanta (CCSCATL) school programs are run by world-renowned chess educator GM Ben Finegold. GM Ben Finegold has more than 30 years of experience as a professional player and chess teacher/coach. Please see our About page for more details on GM Finegold’s vast teaching experience and achievements over the board.
We would love to set up a chess program at your school! CCSCATL hires top chess instructors and uses an advanced curriculum to train students of all levels (beginner on up to tournament player).
CCSCATL’s program features:
- Each class will begin with a lesson/lecture taught by GM Ben Finegold and/or other highly qualified instructors.
- The second half of the class will consist of puzzles, exercises, and casual play.
- Students will be provided with optional homework activities to do each week to improve skill levels.
- The maximum student/teacher ratio is 15:1.
- Each student will receive a 1-year Gold membership to chesskid.com, where he/she can play other kids, watch video tutorials, practice drills, and do puzzles.
- Each child will receive $5 off of two separate tournaments held at CCSCATL during the school year.
- Chess boards, sets, and clocks provided for the school chess club.
Prices are about $250/child/semester (based on approximately 15-week schedule and an hour-long class).
Please email Karen@atlchessclub.com or call (678) 628-5615 if you are interested in setting up a chess program at your school! We can discuss pricing and scheduling.
To view information about our homeschool programs, please visit our Homeschool page.